Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tis the season to be sleepless and beardy



Hello one and all...

So once again it's been a while since I have posted an entry. It is now Fall, my most favorite season of all. I have been keeping busy with many things, and overall life is good, though at times crazy. For those of you who don't know, I have a really crazy sleeping schedule. Well, it's really not a schedule at all. Some nights I go to bed at 1am, others at 8am, as well as anything and everything in between. I have been trying desperately lately to find some sort of regular pattern/schedule, but so far have failed. Some of my friends think my sleeping schedule or lack thereof is nuts, and even funny, however, for me it's very frustrating. Laying in bed for four hours, unable to sleep is not my idea of fun or even funny. I have noticed it even seems to alter my mood on some days. There are times where I feel quite happy and sociable, and other times where I am sad, depressed, and feel very isolated and alone. I know this entry is a lot different from what I have been posting on here this year, but I felt the need to just be me.....nothing clever or witty, just my thoughts, and real emotion.

In addition to all this, I haven't shaved in two and a half months (though I have trimmed around my lips, dinner with a side of beard is nasty!). I have a friend as well as one of my brothers who aren't shaving as well, and we are having a contest to see if we can make it till January 1st of 2010 without shaving. So far, so good, though I must admit there days and times I just wanna shave it off, or at least trim it. In addition to the beard, I haven't had a hair cut since mid April. My hair is getting quite long. I fear that soon people will mistake me for a homeless man, or some kinda of weirdo, and turn away their glances at me, or be afraid to talk to me. So far this hasn't happened....perhaps it's just all in my mind?

I really am wanting to make this a regular (as in daily) blog. In doing so, it will definitely take a commitment on my part. I hope that in making it a daily blog, that I will get more readers, as well as comments. I'm kinda surprised I haven't had a single comment all year on this blog. So feel free as dirty hairy would say, and "make my day" by being the first to comment..it really would mean a lot to me!

I will post a poem about Fall that I wrote a few years ago tomorrow....until then....peace and love.

-Nick

1 comment: