Monday, October 12, 2009

Music Is Life


As a musician, just like with writing, sometimes I find myself without inspiration. However, I have noticed when I buy some new albums to listen to, song ideas seem to flood into my head (Even if most of them are at 2am!). This has been the case for me lately. I have written several new songs in the past month. I have also bought a handful of new albums in the past month (See the pattern here?!?!). So I have decided to share with you a list of new albums I have been listening to lately, as well as some that are constant rotation in my collection. So here it goes....

New music:

Muse- The Resistance
Landon Pigg- The Boy Who Never
Pillar- Confessions
Skillet- Awake
B. Reith- Now Is Not Forever
Relient K- Forget And Not Slowdown

New album's coming soon that I will be getting/listening to:

The Swell Season- Strict Joy
Jamie Cullum- The Pursuit
Silverchair- As yet untitled
Fiction Plane- As yet untitled
30 Seconds To Mars- This Is War

Albums in constant rotation in my play list:

The Jackson 5- The Ultimate Collection
The Jackson 5- Love Songs
Jeff Buckley- Live At Sin-e
Jeff Buckley- Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk
Jeff Buckley- Grace & Grace Around The World (2 separate albums)
Michael Jackson- Number One's
The Beach Boys- Pet Sounds
Silverchair- Diorama
The Police- Message In A Box
Phil Collins- Hits
Fiction Plane- Everything Will Never Be Ok
Fiction Plane- Left Side Of The Brain
Genesis- Platinum Collection
The Swell Season- Once Soundtrack
The Swell Season- Self Titled
Dishwalla- Opaline
Landon Pigg- Self Titled
Nirvana- Self Titled
The Smashing Pumpkins- Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
Jamie Cullum- Twentysomething
Revis- Places For Breathing
Sting- All This Time
Sting- Fields Of Gold: The Best Of Sting 1984-1994
Fleetwood Mac- Greatest Hits
Stan Getz- A Life In Jazz: A Musical Biography
Ella Fitzgerald- Pure Ella: The Very Best Of Ella Fitzgerald
Billie Holiday- The Legacy: 1933
Clifford Brown- Brown And Roach, Inc


Until next time...

-Nick

2 comments:

  1. Music has always been your passion..and people (like me) enjoy when you share it.

    Thank you for sharing what motivates you...

    Btw, dont you think you should get a current picture of yourself on here? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another trip to Wal-mart?

    ReplyDelete