Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Get Him A Body Bag!

I had a great conversation tonight regarding classic 80's movies, as well as the classic lines that came from them. The movie I have picked for this post, is The Karate Kid. Perhaps no movie was so classic in the sense of the "classic 80's flicks" (well, perhaps Back To The Future?!?!). This is a movie that actually has a good theme: If you are good at karate, you can kick some butt! Okay, well that's not really what the film was about. It's about being the odd man out, searching for hope, and searching for love. I think we can all relate to those struggles. I know I have certainly been there myself. I believe there is a little bit of Daniel LaRusso in all of us. Though I have never quite had a sensei like Mr. Miyagi, I do feel that God acts as my sensei. He is full of wisdom when I'm seeking answers, full of encouragement, when I feel hopeless, and understands the principles of life better than I do. These are all the virtues I see in Mr. Miyagi (though I won't begin calling him God!).

Along with the lessons taught in this film, come perhaps the most classic line in all film...okay, well at least in all of 80's flicks! The line occurs during the final fight scene of the movie, when Johnny's friend and fellow karate student yells out: "Get him a body bag!" "yeahhhhh.....hahahahaha!"

So in honor of this classic scene, I now present it to you courtesy of youtube:





-Nick

4 comments:

  1. Another great and entertaining post. Thanks Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quite welcome! Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post Nick! I haven't seen that movie in ages. Damn now I want to go rent it since it's been so long since I last saw it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the clip again, just for another laugh!Soo funny, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete