Tuesday, April 7, 2009

These Dreams...

So perhaps by now you have the Heart song These Dreams stuck in your head, (if not I bet you do now?!) But this post isn't about the infections 80's ballad. No it's referring to actual dreams. I sometimes dream about music. Some dreams are about songs not yet written, some I remember when I wake up and I immediately go to my guitar or piano and churn out. Other songs are popular songs I have heard throughout my life. This was the case in last night's dream. I was spending time with family and friends in NYC when all the sudden we all break into song. The song you ask? Don Ho's Christmas song, Mele Kalikimaka. Only in my dream we weren't pool side like in a certain movie. ;)

I'm curious about dreams and the meaning behind certain dreams. I'm also curious if anyone else dreams in song or at least has songs playing in their dreams. Perhaps we will never know why we dream and/or what they mean...so until then.... "Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say on a bright Hawaiian Christmas day".......

No comments:

Post a Comment