Friday, September 16, 2011

Autumn Is In The Air

I received an email today from an old friend that prompted me to remember I have a blog. It's not that I totally forgot that I have a blog, it's just that I have been so busy with life, that I haven't signed in since April. September 6th marked one year since my Mother passed away. It was a tough day for me, but also one of deep reflection. Although I will never completely "heal" or get over my Mother not being alive here on this earth, each new day brings more understanding and acceptance. I can only say that dealing with such a tramatic loss was easier due to my faith in God, as well as a loving family and friends.

It is almost a bittersweet moment as I write this, due to the fact that I feel both sadness, as well as great excitement. The excitement is due to my favorite season being upon us: Autumn. Autumn, aka Fall, is such an inspiring time of year. Not only do you get to pull the sweaters out of the closet, the rake out of the garage, and Halloween decorations out of storage, but you also get to see God's glorious work at hand with the changing both the temperature and the trees. Since it is now Autumn, I once again feel insipred to write more regurlarly on this blog.

For all of my friends who I haven't been in touch with during this past year, I want to offer my apologies. Thank you for being patient with me, as well as not forgetting about me. To give you a quick update on my life, RayLynn and I are expecting our baby boy next month (his due date is October 24th)! We have decided to name him Lincoln Nicholas Ladish (a good name if I don't say so myself!). I came up with the first name of Lincoln because my favorite president is Abraham Lincoln. Actually my interest in Lincoln is more like an obsession! I'm confident you would agree if you saw all of the Lincoln photos, books, and other memorabillia in our house. Speaking of our house, we are moving this week into a new home. I say new in the sense of new to us, since the house was built in 1940. It actually is a great house though, it has an amazing fireplace that I am anxious to start using! I guess you could say that (like Lincoln) I have an obsession with old houses (as does RayLynn). Both of us strongly dislike the modern "suburban" homes that seem to keep endlessly cropping up. If you are someone who likes or lives in such a home, we mean no offense I promise! :)

I will be sure to post another blog entry soon. Until next time...

Stay Gold,
Nick

1 comment:

  1. That is a LIE!!!

    You have not posted another BLOG and it has been 4 months shy of a Year!

    LIAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete